This is a statistical index to the Village Voice Pazz & Jop music critics poll, generated in the process of its tabulation for the last few years.
Click any linked column-heading to sort a table by that column. Click any album or song for an artist profile, or any voter for a voter profile.
Some explanation of the various esoteric metrics:
- Enthusiasm (album): points per vote. On the album poll voters divide 100 points among 10 albums, 5-30 points each.
- Kvltosis: the fraction of an album's points that remain if the album poll is inversely reweighted by voters' centricities (see below).
- Hipness: the fraction of an album's points that remain if the album poll is reweighted by how many singles each voter's ballot listed.
- Metalism (album): the fraction of an album's points that remain if the album poll is reweighted by voters' metalism (see below).
- Monolithity: the fraction of an album's points that remain if you disregard ballots that include a song by the same artist.
- Vitality (album): the fraction of an album's points that came from voters new to the poll that year.
- Singularity: the fraction of a song's votes that remain if you disregard ballots that include an album by the same artist.
- Centricity: how close a voter came to picking to the winning 10 albums.
- Breadth: how close a voter came to picking a different artist for every album/song slot in every voting year.
- Metalism (voter): what fraction of a voter's votes went to metal bands (arbitrarily defined).
- Artist points: sum of their album points plus 2 points per song-vote.
- Enthusiasm (artist): points, as above, per ballot.
Similarity is calculated for albums, songs and artists based on voter overlap, and for ballots and voters based on album+song+artist overlap.
The ballot and voter scores are weighted by album/song/artist popularity.
Problem (ft. Bad Lucc)
|Problem (ft. Bad Lucc) · "Like Whaat"||2013||#440||1||0|| |